Looking for previous weeks? Check here
Buddy Break is a free respite program where youth (ages birth– 20 years old) with special needs make new friends, play fun games, enjoy crafts, stories, music, activities and more! Siblings have fun too! Meanwhile, their caregivers get a break from their ongoing care-giving responsibilities for three hours.
FBCG has adopted this nationwide program to pair with our Masterpiece Ministry, which strives to create an environment that helps children with special needs become all God has created them to be, and provides encouragement and support to family members.
Click here to see a gallery of pictures from our inaugural Buddy Break on February 15!
If you have registered, please consider carpooling as parking space is limited. The event will feature Lysa TerKeurst, President of Proverbs 31 Ministries and best-selling author, speaking on What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, Saturday, March 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at West Campus. Doors open at 8 a.m.
The key distinctions between Roman Catholicism and Protestant Evangelicalism will be the focus of Cathobaptology, a study and discussion led by Pastor Jeff Frazier on Saturday, March 8. The class will begin at 6:30 p.m. immediately following the Saturday evening service at West Campus.
You’re invited to join Pastor Jeff Frazier for Sola Scriptura. Our next session will be on Sunday, March 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the East Campus Student Center. The purpose of Sola Scriptura at FBCG is to simply help God’s people study God’s Word. We are currently in the book of Romans. Sola Scriptura is a Latin phrase that means “Scripture Alone”. This was one of the cries of Protestant Reformers who believed (and so do we) that God can and does speak directly to His people through His Word, provided we know it! Whether you have been attending Sola Scriptura regularly, or you are a first time guest, you are welcome to attend. No advance registration is required.
The Growing to Serve Project will enable FBCG to build on its 119 year history of meeting the spiritual and support needs of those we serve for Jesus through the following expansions and enhancements:
- Improve classrooms and meeting space on the lower level
- Enhance the nursery and space for children’s programs on the lower level
- Locate the Food Pantry on lower level for easy access
- Expand the lobby on main level to enlarge the welcome area and add resource and study space
- Add a covered drop-off area over the driveway for added convenience and enhance the outside entry area
- Consolidate staff office space on the lower level
West Campus: North Phase
- Expand the main level of the building to the north
- Add classroom and meeting space
- Remodel the lower level to improve meeting and breakout space for children’s ministries
- Add space for the Masterpiece Ministry for children’s with special needs
West Campus: South Phase:
- Expand the main level of the building to the south
- Add a flexible, 300-seat venue
- Enhance the lobby and welcome areas
- Relocate, enlarge and enhance security for the nursery
- Add office space
“As we reflect on what God has done through FBCG over the years, we can see clearly that investment in growth within our walls has translated into dramatic impact outside our walls,” says Senior Pastor Brian Coffey. “And we believe that the time for a bold investment in Gospel growth has come again. We give glory to God for the City Council’s unanimous approval of the project this week.”
Work on the East Campus will start in April and the North Phase of West Campus will begin in May.