Disaster relief, refugee assistance, and community development
World Relief DuPage
1825 College Ave, Suite 230
Wheaton, IL 60187
Tel: (630) 462-7566
Fax: (630) 462-8103
Join World Relief as we pray for Haiti
Praise the Lord
- Praise the Lord for a new country director—John O’Kelley—traveling to Haiti to begin his work next week.
- Praise the Lord that he has provided so many things for the people in Haiti and for us—food, shelter, water and medical care for thousands. Praise the Lord that he has called us to be a part of serving the most vulnerable in the world.
- Praise the Lord for the faith of the Haitian Church—praying and worshipping God in the face of great tragedy. Pray for continued perseverance and faith as they rebuild their lives.
- Praise the Lord for the resiliency of Haiti’s people—who are rebuilding and recovering just over a month after the earthquake struck. Praise the Lord for story after story of Haitians serving their neighbors and communities, putting the needs of others before their own.
- Pray for the emergency shelter needs for thousands of Haitians. The rains have begun in many locations, bringing a whole new set of challenges, increasing the possibility for disease and making people even more vulnerable. Pray for shelter now. Pray for protection from the elements and against disease.
- Continue to pray for World Relief’s 40 Haitian staff—many of whom have lost children, grandchildren and parents. Pray for them as they go through trauma counseling meetings this week.
- Pray for people handicapped in the earthquake. Haiti does not have many resources for people who are handicapped. Many are unable to go back to the type of work they did before the quake. Pray for a means of livelihood and a strong sense of purpose for the thousands injured.
- Pray for our staff as we scale up distributions in insecure areas like Cite Soleil. Pray for safety and protection.
- Pray for the staff as we try to find and secure a new office complex. A permanent central location for our staff will be important to help transition to normalcy in the aftermath of the earthquake. Pray for wisdom and patience in the process.
- Pray for our new country director, John O’Kelley, as he travels to Haiti next week. Pray for the transition of his family as well as the staff in the coming weeks.
- Pray for local churches as they are overwhelmed at times with the needs in their immediate community. Pray for faith and wisdom in how they serve the most vulnerable around them.
- Pray for wisdom for local churches, staff of non-government organizations and international leaders as they begin to plan for recovery and rehabilitation phases. Pray that God would be honored in the plans, that the dignity and strength of the Haitian people would be lifted up and that the future of Haiti would be a testimony to God’s provision and grace.
- Continue to pray for the Church in Haiti—that they truly be the Body of Christ to a hurting world in the aftermath of the earthquake. Pray church members would have great compassion on their neighbors and communities, that stories of great sacrifice and love would characterize the church, and that the future of the entire country would be impacted by a vibrant church.
- More than 3 million people were affected by the quake—pray for rebuilding of buildings, lives and livelihoods.
- Pray for children—many who have been separated from their families. Pray for the safety and security of children. Pray they would be reunited with their families.
- Pray for churches in the United States and around the world as they continue to respond. Pray for great wisdom in how the Global church engages and serves the Haitian church.
For the most up to date information and prayer requests, please click here.
Thank you for praying with us.
For the most up to date info follow us on twitter or become a fan on facebook. Please help us spread the word by retweeting and reposting